The Knitting & Crochet Guild has a strong history but its members are forward looking and very much involved in the future plans through the election of its Board of Directors, its Annual General Meeting and other meetings through the year.
The Board recently reviewed its overall strategy and priorites and set out its vision:
"To be the leading national voluntary organisation for knitting and crochet in the UK, by working for the benefit of members and promoting education, innovation and preservation for the crafts of crochet, hand knitting and machine knitting ."
The Guild will achieve its objects set out in the Memorandum and Articles by:
- supporting a network of local and regional groups which engage and encourage members to take part in the whole range of Guild activities
- publishing the journal, SlipKnot, which is written by and for members
- preserving a select collection of historic and modern knitting and crochet of museum quality and interest, and a collection of patterns, magazines, periodicals, books, yarn samples and shade cards which are made available to members and other interested people for reference purposes and for loan where feasible
- developing the website as a reference source for members and others
At the AGM in July 2012 the Guild's current priorities were outlined:
- retention and recruitment of members
- preserving the Collections
- promoting local groups and activities for members
- controlling costs and increasing income
Enjoy members benefits and offers, become part of the Guild.
About the Guild
News and Events